The Branch Manager is responsible for overall profitability and growth of the local BDI branch. This includes Inside and Outside sales & service, programs and activities related to product promotions, office and warehouse functions, and management of the local branch team though effective leadership.
- Delivering strong Return on Total Capital through efficient branch productivity
- Leading and developing all employees on the local branch team through effective recruiting, hiring, training and coaching
- Defining and executing the branch’s sales plan with the local salesforce to increase market share
- Demonstrating strong leadership skills when participating in and supervising sales calls, joint calls, and call coaching
- Developing, and maintaining good relationships with BDI suppliers to increase market share and supplier MDA’s
- Establishing and leading an effective pricing strategy for the branch
- Managing all Branch Operations and Assets, including branch inventory accuracy, accounts receivable, and branch expenses
Education & Experience:
Associates Degree or Two-Year College equivalent required, Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Marketing highly preferred. 5-7 years in sales or marketing environment required with additional experience in management or acting in a lead capacity preferred. Experience in Inside or Outside sales within the Industrial Supply industry is a plus. Must possess a high degree of mechanical aptitude and the ability to multi-task. Strong product knowledge of bearings and power transmission products a must. Required to also possess small business management skills in all areas including personnel and financial management.