Responsible for day-to-day operations within a BDI branch. Areas of responsibility include customer service, “collections”, inventory control, branch and vendor relations, supervision and development of the Inside Sales and Warehouse staff.
- Supervising and delegating daily activities to the Inside Sales and Warehouse staff, including all maintenance pertaining to the branch
- Answering incoming sales calls, including performing quotations, sales and purchases orders, defining technical and product specifications, and maintaining pricing
- Reviewing and populating reports, including daily cold call lists for all Inside Sales personnel
- Pursuing collections from customers who are past due
- Overseeing Inventory Control and stock takes through various processes, including annual vendor returns
- First in problem resolution in areas including; SAP systems, sales & accounting, inventory & stock takes
Education & Experience:
H.S. Diploma or GED Required, Associate’s Degree or Two-Year College in Business or Marketing Preferred. 3-5 Years’ experience in Inside, or Outside Sales with some experience in supervising others, or acting in a lead capacity. Strong product knowledge of bearings and power transmission products a must. Must also have good interpersonal communication and leadership skills. Must have a good sense of the business model, with an emphasis on ethical procedures and practices.